Black Lotus Meditation App Business Development Manager
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Black Lotus is an early stage startup, creating the Internet of Kindness. The internet and social media have connected us but left us lonelier and unhappier than before through trolling, cyber bullying and negative information. This has also impacted our physical and mental wellbeing. At Black Lotus, we believe we can solve this problem – by being a productive & positive platform to connect communities and people through kindness.
Currently, the Black Lotus app helps people meditate and do kind acts for others. Users have already clocked in 60,000 kindness acts and 70,000 hours of meditation. With 50k+ installs and 700+ 5 star reviews, we are just getting started. We are taking the next big leap and building some very exciting features that will bring the app to millions of users. Come and join us on this exciting and positive adventure and together we can increase the Global Happiness Index!
What do we value?
- Courage to dream big, admit mistakes and adapt
- Togetherness to always be user focused, not take criticism personally and work together
- Having great attention to detail, an obsession for excellence and passionate about the mission and product
- Being agile, open and responsible
We want to build a company that makes a real and positive difference to our users, customers, shareholders, employees and the world. Everything we do must exude excellence.
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for strong, product focused engineers who put users & their well-being first. People who are strongly motivated by our vision, and can collaborate end to end from idea to launch and landing. The ideal candidate would want to make a significant positive impact in the world, take ownership of large features and operate independently.
- Work with our product managers to scope the features and sharpen the product hypothesis
- Implement features from API down to the database
- Implement, test and release and maintain high quality features while working with other amazing team members
- Have fun!
- Extensive Java experience with large scale production systems
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Cares deeply about user privacy, security and trust
- Data driven in all aspects – product and performance
- Great at API and software design
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Very high attention to detail
- Ship quickly with quality
- Take ownership – end to end and then some
- Humble, Compassionate and Collaborative
- Experience with React Native a big plus
- Familiarity with AWS, Containers, Kubernetes and GraphQL a big plus
In line with our values, we strive to ensure that no individual will face any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, religion, colour, cast, creed, nationality, age, gender and gender identity, marital domesitc partner status, sexual orientation or disability status. We believe we cannot bring positivity to the world without providing a positive and safe work environment for our employees.
Black Lotus is a global initiative to spread goodness and peace through meditation and Random Acts of Kindness (Raks). This grand movement is inspired and led by Om Swami.