In my years of practising hundreds of forms of meditations, I distilled my understanding down to what I call the five gears of awareness and the five accelerations.
- Out: Sensory experience (sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste)
- In: Feelings (pleasant, unpleasant, neutral) & Thoughts (visual, auditory)
- Everything: Simply being as the “I Am” and welcoming everything that arises in consciousness
- Nothing: Beyond the I Am. Prior to all concepts and perceptions. Indescribable. Surrendering to the mystery of mysteries.
- Blessings: Infinite blessings to all beings and situations across all space and time.
- Recognize These five gears. Takes less than a moment of illumination.
- Revisit: For two to five seconds at least once every hour all-day
- Refine: For fifteen to sixty minutes at a time
- Rest: The sense of being a doer or a separate witness disappears. Merging with the meditation object.
- Realize: The Complete ending of all mental fluctuations and underlying tendencies towards unwholesomeness.
Each of the five gears can be activated and accelerated in this way to infinite fulfilment and actualization.
Nithya Shanti is an internationally respected spiritual teacher, committed to sharing practical wisdom teachings for happiness.