In my years of practising hundreds of forms of meditations, I distilled my understanding down to what I call the five gears of awareness and the five accelerations.
- Out: Sensory experience (sight, sound, touch, smell, and taste)
- In: Feelings (pleasant, unpleasant, neutral) & Thoughts (visual, auditory)
- Everything: Simply being as the “I Am” and welcoming everything that arises in consciousness
- Nothing: Beyond the I Am. Prior to all concepts and perceptions. Indescribable. Surrendering to the mystery of mysteries.
- Blessings: Infinite blessings to all beings and situations across all space and time.
- Recognize These five gears. Takes less than a moment of illumination.
- Revisit: For two to five seconds at least once every hour all-day
- Refine: For fifteen to sixty minutes at a time
- Rest: The sense of being a doer or a separate witness disappears. Merging with the meditation object.
- Realize: The Complete ending of all mental fluctuations and underlying tendencies towards unwholesomeness.
Each of the five gears can be activated and accelerated in this way to infinite fulfilment and actualization.